Okay, so you're ready to make shit happen (yeah, we say that a lot) and you read our last blog post setting your goals. You might be thinking something like
"Well where the hell am I supposed to sell this? I could try selling online but that seems like a gigantic headache to figure out.... *Sigh"
First of all, relax. We've got your back. It's for this very reason that we assemble a dream team of partners, such as Shopify.
Shopify not only offers you an "out-of-the-box" solution, but they've got a team of pros that can help you blow. it. up!
1. Start with a problem statement - You've probably already seen us say this but ask yourself "What's the problem you're trying to solve?" It doesn't have to be something crazy/trying to save the world. It could simply be that you want to see a better product on the market. Infomercials do a CLASSIC job of this by showing people completely failing at life. (Editor's note: I realize you probably get the point with only one image but... well, these are fairly hilarious. So you get three of them.)
2. Demonstrate before vs. after - Now that you've established what your customer's life is like WITHOUT your product, show them the unadulterated joy of using your product. This turns into a bit of marketing play to be honest so focus on how shiny & happy life will be with the solution you provide.
3. Real life visualization and comparison - Make it real for people. Show them how what you're providing fits into their life. Make it easy for them to see themselves using your product.
4. Demonstrate your product strength - WHATEVER solution you're solving, so how well it solves the problem. Is it meant to be fashionable? Show some glamour shots. Is it meant to be waterproof? Show how waterproof it is. Is it tough as nails? Run it over with a car. Whatever it's strength is, demonstrate how strong it is.
5. How is it better compared to others? - Listen, you don't need to completely trash other products but highlight how your product is better than others. You are in love with your product, so your customer why you love it more than everything else that's out there.
6. How to use or apply the product? - Once you commit so much time and brain power to the product/industry in which you're working, you lose track of the fact that, well, not everyone knows about you're talking about. The best way to look at this is that your customers may not realize there's a better/easier/prettier solution out there. Show them what you're talking about and then show them how you can help.
7. Use real people if possible - Always use real people. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use real people when you can. If you are selling fashion, your customer needs to see how your product will apply to them/will look on them/will drape or hang when they wear it.
8. Strong call-to-action - Tell people to do something... Add this to your cart, subscribe to the newsletter, Like the post on Facebook. Tweet something with a specific hashtag. If you don't even attempt to lead people down the road, it's highly unlikely they'll take the leap themselves
Shopify is just one of the fantastic partners that will be on site for our Hack-A-Thon. You will be able to take your idea from start to finish and get setup to start selling online. Does that sound good? Yeah, that sounds good. You should sign up.